Safer space guidelines
Safer space guidelines:
- Respect everyone’s personal space, both physical and mental.
- Respect everyone, don’t assume things. Don’t make assumptions about other people’s sexuality, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, values, socio-economic background, ability or health. Respect pronouns and names. Be aware of your own privileges.
- Respect the opinions, beliefs, experiences and differing viewpoints of others. Don’t mock, ridicule, disparage, sideline or humiliate anyone with your words, behaviour or actions.
- Intervene in harassment if you witness it, and ask the person who was harassed whether they would like help or support. Don’t just remain an on-looker.
- If the situation cannot be resolved, the person behaving inappropriately will be removed from the space as discreetly and unnoticeably as possible.